XFP Dual Fiber Optics
Opticonnect offers a range of XFP (eXtended Form-factor Pluggable) transceivers for communication over optical fiber at data speeds up to 10 Gigabit per second (Gbps) and distances up to 80 km. The XFP's are standardized and can be used in various types of equipment such as switches, routers and servers from different vendors. The extended XFP portfolio for Dual Fiber XFP's includes a complete range of standard optics as well as CWDM and DWDM transceivers for WDM networks. The transceivers are available as fixed rate and multi rate and will support almost any communication protocol with data speeds of up to 10 Gigabit per second.
Standard Dual Fiber Optics (XFP)
Transceivers used for only one connection like a connection between two switches, are commonly (but not necessarily) using two fibers, one for the transmitted signal and one for the received signal. Opticonnect provides XFP transceivers for both MultiMode as SingleMode fiber, compatible with most of today's switch vendors. Opticonnect's Dual Fiber XFP's are supporting data ranges between 8 Gbps and 10 Gbps and distances up to 80 km. Go to the Dual Fiber XFP product range.
XFP CWDM Optics (XFPC)
Coarse Wave Division Multiplexing or CWDM is a way to transport up to 16 independent connections over one fiber pair by using a different wavelength, often referred to as "colour" for each channel. Opticonnect's CWDM XFP's support data ranges between 8 Gbps and 10Gbps and wavelengths between 1270 nm and 1610 nm. Distances up to 80 km without amplification can be reached. Go to the XFP CWDM product range.
XFP DWDM Optics (XFPD)
Dense Wave Division Multiplexing or DWDM is a way to transport up to 192 independent connections over one fiber pair by using a different channel, often referred to as "colour" for each channel. Opticonnect's DWDM XFP's support data ranges between 8 Gbps and 10 Gbps and available for most ITU grid channels. Distances up to 80 km without amplification can be reached. Go to the XFP DWDM product range.
- Fiber type: MultiMode or SingleMode;
- Distances: from 200m up to 80 km;
- Data rates: from 8.25Gbps up to 11.25;
- DWDM optics for all 100GHz or 50Ghz Wavelengths on the DWDM ITU grid;
- CWDM optics with 18 different wavelengths from 1270 nm to 1610nm;
- Standard operating temperature: -5° ~ +70°C;
- Industrial operating temperature: -40°C ~ +85°C;
- Compliant with MSA SFP Specification;
- Digital Diagnostics Monitor Interface compatible with SFF-8472.
- SR (850 nm maximum 300 meter)
- LR (1310 nm up to 10 km),
- ER (1550 nm and CWDM/DWDM up to 40 km );
- ZR (1550 nm and CWDM/DWDM up to 80 km);
- Gigabit Ethernet, Fiber Channel, SDH/Sonet.